According to data by Assica (Association of Meat and Salumi Industrialist belonging to Confindutria) Italian cured meat exports came to 70,630 tonnes (+7%) worth 590.8 million euros (+8,4%).
The last report confirm the trend in the first quarter and the acceleration of the sector starting from 2013.
The cured meat products with a strong growth are:
- Cured ham, in particular the boneless hams
- Salami, in spite of the decline exports to the Russian Federation (-70%) due to import blocks imposed in response to non-tariff barriers in Baltic and trade tensions linked with the crisis in Ukraine.
- Mortadella and Wurstel, with excellent results in Switzerland and USA
- Boiled ham, in particular in EU countries
- Bacon, with excellent performance in non-EU countries
- Bresaola with positive data in UK, France and Netherlands
The infographic below shows the scenario of Italian cured meat export :